Silent FX Quickcut Drywall
SilentFX® QuickCut noise-reducing drywall features a viscoelastic polymer between two specially formulated dense gypsum cores significantly improves sound attenuation and is ideal for systems requiring high STC performance. Designed to easily score and snap, QuickCut allows for faster installation and lower labor costs. SilentFX QuickCut also features our M2Tech technology and is enclosed in a 100% recycled moisture and mold resistant face and back paper which provides enhanced moisture and mold resistance and contributes to indoor air quality.
SilentFX® QuickCut is intended for use on interior walls and ceilings in residential, commercial or institutional applications. It can be used for new construction or renovations over wood or steel framing. It is typically nailed or screwed to studs spaced 16" or 24" o.c.
See the Datasheet documents above for more information
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.